How Do I Request Assistance from H.A.L.O.?
The Help A Little One (H.A.L.O.) Foundation considers requests from nursing homes, families, guardians, professionals, communities, and social service agencies. In order to apply for assistance please complete the Request Form. All questions must be answered. In addition to the Request Form please submit:
- A description of your relationship to and personal information about the "little one"
- Pictures would be helpful but are not required
- Certification of the child's underlying medical condition from a pediatrician, a pediatric neurologist, or a physical therapist outlining the child's medical diagnosis and in what way the requested gift will help and/or will be necessary.
- A detailed description of the requested gift, including item numbers, store names, size/dimensions, estimated cost and the name and address of any matching funders. Please include a Google Search.
H.A.L.O. does not fund building maintenance, hospital equipment, medical treatment or any other expenses covered by insurance or public health, welfare and social service agencies.
Examples of approved requests have been:
- Adaptive tricycles
- Enrichment programs
- Technology for individual growth and/or communication and/or management of an individual's disabilities
Please note: In order to submit your request using the Online Form Submission, you will be required to attach a letter of certification confirming the child's underlying medical condition from a pediatrician, pediatric neurologist, or physical therapist outlining the potential benefits of the gift or services requested. Additionally the actual gift/services requested need to be detailed in an attachment. The attachments have to be as a .pdf or .jpeg file.